When you plan your holiday, the first questions are where, when and _who _, we want to help you with those questions and invite you to discover a different destination, one of those places that, a priori, we would not search on the map. Quito, the wonderful capital of Ecuador. Are you ready to visit it?
From Madrid, you can find flights with many companies, offers of more or less 300 Euros and usual prices of almost 800 Euros (return ticket) The accommodations offer various prices depending on the place you choose to book a hotel in Quito. Our recommendation is to opt for a room in the financial centre of Quito, close to the commercial area, although the old quarter is ideal for staying some days and enjoying the most authentic Quito.
Precisely now, Quito is more fashionable than ever, It is now one of the finalists in the selection of the 7 wonder cities and it was in the past the first city declared World Heritage by the Unesco, thanks to its historical richness.
The capital of Ecuador, located in Pichincha, is in the most western part of the Andes . Its height requires to stay a couple of days, especially those who travel from other continents, in order to get used and avoid tiredness
Temperatures are very similar to the north of Spain, with significant changes between day and night, with 25 degrees at day and 10 degrees at night. The most important places to visit are, besides the historical centre, the called Mitad del Mundo, the rural parishes, and La Mariscal, as well as its surroundings.
In the old quarter, the must visit places in Quito are:
– La Ronda street: the best place for finding the perfect combination of fun, local cuisine and traditional crafst of Quito.
– El Panecillo: ideal place for enjoying the best views of Quito.
– San Francisco de Quito Square: the heart of the city.
– Corondelet Palace: it is the presidential palace, located in the mythical Siete Cruces street.
– Quito Cathedral: it is considered one of the oldest religious buildings in the whole continent.