Lanzarote, magical land that will amaze you before landing: from the aeroplane window you will see its wonderful lunar surface created thousand years ago and the presence of two essential elements in this Canary Island: lava and Atlantic Ocean. Although there are dozens of places to visit in Lanzarote, beaches to rest and monuments to admire, here we include 5 must-see things in Lanzarote:
1) Timanfaya: This National Park is located in the southern area of the island, gathering some of the most amazing landscapes in Lanzarote. Among its most well-known volcanoes are La Montaña de Fuego and La Montaña Rajada.
2) La Graciosa: A tiny archipelago of spectacular pristine beaches. Away from the usual tourism circuits, La Graciosa is a place to escape a whole day enjoying the sun, sand and deep calm it offers.
3) On the trail of César Manrique: The multi-faceted artist of Lanzarote is the author of the most characteristics monuments and spaces of the island. Thus, in Arrecife, capital of the Island, you can enjoy the San José Castle, turned by him into the Museum of Contemporary Art with a restaurant with panoramic views over the sea. If you stay in a hotel in the Costa Teguise area, you could visit the César Manrique foundation just 5 km away, built on what used to be his house that represents a key element to understand the entire work of the artist.
4) The holiday in Majorca could be very different depending on the island area you have chosen to rest. The variety of lodging options is similar in the whole island, but atmosphere could drastically change from north to south, Calvià area or Playa de Palma. Choosing is complicated, above all if you do not know well every district and municipality of the island, since each one has a different holiday proposal.
5) The “Hervidores”.– If your hotel is in Playa Blanca, Yaiza you will be located just 13 kms from one of the most spectacular places in Lanzarote. Los Hervideros are cliffs bursting with magic, formed after the last volcanic eruptions registered in Lanzarote resembling solidified arms that melt into the ocean while the foam appears over the coast line. It is very close to other popular places in Lanzaorte, the Salinas del Janubio.