You should visit at least once this paradise destination in summer: Fuerteventura is a magic island where to get lost and enjoy the sea, the relax, the natural environment and the local world-famous products (majorero cheese, wine and delicious fish dishes).
The sun shines always in this amazing island on its 150 kilometers of beaches. A windsurfing paradise where Corralejo, Puerto del Rosario and Costa Calma are the best places of this old island recognized as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO due to its incredible natural beauty.
The best kept secret of Fuerteventura
- Beaches at Corralejo in Fuerteventura are in the ranking of the 25 best beaches in Europe.
- Fuerteventura residents are called majoreros and majoreras as the cheese.
- The island is a Bird Protected Area as recognized by the European regulations, so you will see unique species in the world hiding at trees.
- Surprise yourself with amazing histories and the real majorero folklore: it’s said that Fuerteventura was part of Atlantis the lost continent. Some others say Lanzarote and Fuerteventura were a single island.
- Do you know that the most beautiful Spanish stars can be seen in Fuerteventura? Sabías que las estrellas más hermosas de España se posan siempre en el cielo de Fuerteventura? In fact, it’s a protected atmospheric space.
- If you travel to Fuerteventura, you should ask local which is the fish that gives the shape to the island.
Activities to do in Fuerteventura
- Try paprika majorero cheese and surprise yourself!
- Take a dip at Cofete beach, unspoiled and just incredibly beautiful with an amazing natural environment. Take care of the waves when the tide is high in this sandy beach.
- Visit Betancuria and ask again locals about the history of what was the capital of Fuerteventura, and now it’s one of the best must-visit destinations in the island where to explore its colonial attributes.
- Discover the history of Mirador Guise y Ayose. You will know that Fuerteventura was previously two merged islands.
- Enjoy Playa Jandia. Stay at this beautiful beach area including El Matorral, completely recovered and one of the best unspoiled areas in the entire south coast of Fuerteventura. You should stay at some of the best family hotels in Fuerteventura, as Playa Gaviotas Hotel, Playa Gaviotas Park and Fuerteventura Palace Hotel -with an Adults Only space, chill out and relax areas oriented to travellers who want to enjoy holidays without kids-.